Sunday, March 6, 2011

So far so good

We are back in Tucson and sky just completed her 3rd chemo treatment at UMC on Friday. She did very well so we only had to stay 2 days and 1 night, yay! She is a little nauseous, her lips are very dry and she is very tired, but she's home. We go back to UMC on Friday the 11th for outpatient chemo. Until then its shots everyday in her thigh to help her WBC's stay up and to help her stay strong. Skylar still amazes Ryan and I with her strength and her ability to put up with so much. Just before bed last night I had to give her a shot in her thigh and she didnt even flench! I just can't believe it sometimes, what a trooper she really is.
On another note, Ryan and I want to thank everyone so much for all the support and love you all have given us. For donating money to hopeforskylar.com and for purchasing bracelets. It's amazing to have so many people out there wearing her bracelets, praying and supporting our baby girl. She is so loved and we are so very blessed. We have never felt alone and this helps us get through what trials come our way for Skylar. You have helped carry our burdens. Thank you 

1 comment:

  1. Skylar is such a beautiful baby! I just saw your family on the news and thought I'd hop on over here and offer you my support! I was wondering if you've heard of Tu Nidito - it's a non-profit organization that offers support to families who have children with life-threatening illnesses. They also offer support to grieving children & their families. We've been with Tu Nidito for about 11 years. They are wonderful!

    My daughter was born with CHD (congenital heart defects). She went through so much - especially the first few years of her life - we practically lived at UMC. (Of course the Children's hospital wasn't there back then.) She went through 5 heart surgeries, several other surgeries, countless hospitalizations and procedures and wasn't expected to survive childhood. She recently passed away at the age of 22 (years - not months). She survived far longer than expected. She wore oxygen constantly for 17+ years and was in a motorized wheelchair for about that long too. But she was (and still is) such a blessing in our lives. Tu Nidito has been there for us through thick and thicker. (lol)

    If you would like to email me go to my profile and you'll find an email address. I've posted your story to my facebook profile so I hope you receive more support that way. I have soooo many wonderful fb friends who are heart families and know what it's like to care for medically fragile children. I hope to help you any way I can since I know how difficult this road is... not only emotionally but financially too. Lots of (((hugs))) headed your way.

    ReplyDelete